Monday, December 12, 2011

Deep Frying Being Unhealthy Is A Total Myth!

It seems to me that almost everyone is caught up in this myth about deep frying being unhealthy. I can easily prove to you that it's not unhealthy at all because I see the proof right before my own eyes. Because my wife gets home from work very late in the afternoon, I do most of the cooking for my wife Wendy, my son Tyler and myself. And yes, I deep fry about four or four times a month and none of us feel any guilt at all! Sometimes the "proof is in the pudding" but in this case the proof is right in my built in deep fryer.

Roll In The Deep

I change the oil in my fryer after about eight uses or so. Yes, how often I change the oil does vary depending on what foods were deep fried, etc. But trust me on this one, the eight times or so is a very fair estimate. Okay, so let's look at this as simple math. Eight times that I deep fry times three servings each time equals twenty four servings. Want to hear something amazing? When I go to change the oil, the level of the "old" oil has hardly decreased at all. It is very close to the same exact amount I had in the fryer before using it about eight times.

This article is about Roll In The Deep

So that translates into...my family is not absorbing a large amount of fat, right? It can't be in our bodies and still in the deep fryer, can it? And that's not even taking into account that I season the foods immediately after removing from the fryer and then drain them on paper towels to absorb any excess oil. So if almost all the oil is still in the fryer and more is drained on paper towels, that doesn't leave anything left over for human consumption, does it?

Just for the record, I don't sell deep fryers and I am not affiliated with anyone who does. And no, I don't want you to run out and buy one either. What I do want though is for you to not feel any guilt whatsoever about deep frying and thoroughly enjoy the great flavor and texture when using this fabulous cooking method.

The Very Simple Rules To Follow For Healthy Deep Frying:

1) Remove the cold food from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for a safe and reasonable amount of time. This will prevent your oil temperature from dropping down too low because the food was ice cold. Having the temperature drop too low will encourage you to have a greasy, oil soaked food product.

2) Don't crowd your food when frying. Again, this will lower the temperature and will not allow the food enough room to cook freely and properly.

3) Remember the magic number of about 365 degrees. It's just about the perfect temperature for any foods you may be frying.

4) When you add your food to the oil, you want your food to "fizzle" and you should see a bubbling type of action taking place.

I have a thermostat to check the temperature of my oil but there are several ways to easily check the temperature of your oil. You can use a thermometer. Another foolproof method is to roll up a small piece of bread into a ball about the same size of an olive. Put the bread into the oil and If the bread just sort of "plops" there and you have no "fizzling" action, your oil is not hot enough and you will be risking having greasy food. If the bread burns after only a few seconds, your oil is too hot and you run the risk of burning your food on the outside before it has time to cook through on the inside. If your bread gets golden brown after about ten seconds and you have your "fizzling" action, your oil is perfect!

In summary, remember to take the food out of the fridge beforehand. Avoid crowding when frying. Remember the magic number is about 365 degrees. And look for that "fizzling" action. Four very easy things to healthy deep frying. Just don't eat too much like I always do. Hope you enjoy and don't feel any guilt whatsoever!

Deep Frying Being Unhealthy Is A Total Myth! People search Roll In The Deep and look in this page

Friends Link : network speed monitor office safety topics cheapest car insurance guaranteed Best Masters Degrees Love Taro auto insurance best

No comments:

Post a Comment